900 Clarke, Mountainview Co-Op fire

Today we had a terrible fire in Port Moody, in the 900 block of Clarke – the Mountainview Co-Op, a large apartment complex at the top of Clarke
Hill. 
This has been an absolutely devastating day for many of the residents who have lost their homes, some of lost their pets, many have lost a lot of very
important items in their life – but we are thankful that nobody lost their life.
The City activate our Emergency Social Services procedure with Kyle Centre serving as the hub for displaced residents, who have been placed
in local hotels and provided some ‘life essentials’ to get them through the next couple of days.  We have had an outpouring of support
from the community and the City will be advising shortly on how people can help those displaced by the fire.
Thank you to PMPD and Port Moody Fire for keeping everyone safe, and for the great City staff at Kyle for helping people out in
this sad time. 
Global:  
 
Posted in

Mike Clay

Leave a Comment